Welder / Plater
Up to £13.25 per hour
Job Title: Welder/Plater
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
James Killelea & Co Ltd provide structural engineering services that include 3D building design, structural steel fabrication and erection. We provide an end-to-end service from design right through to erecting the building and handing it over to the client. We have all of the plant, machinery and fabrication facilities to do everything in-house.
The company was established in 1970 by James Killelea and his son Robert. Robert Killelea, the current Managing Director, is elder brother to Patrick Killelea who joined the family business some years later and is now the company’s Financial Director.
Killelea’s core values represent the key beliefs of the Directors. They symbolise how Killelea does business with both clients and sub-contractors and also how communication throughout the business is maintained.
As a Welder, you will be responsible for:
- Working correctly to the parameters of Weld Procedure Specifications.
- Understanding factory safety standards, be able to work safely and be aware of potential hazards in the workplace.
- Following safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as air fed mask, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders, etc.
- Gaining and keeping required welding codes qualifications
- Carrying out welding tasks to required safety, quality and efficiency standards.
- To review engineering drawings for parts to be fabricated/welded.
- Perform welding activities.
- Ensure tolerances and parameters are met to satisfy quality and output.
- Ensure production timings are met/exceeded.
- Follow company rules and adhere to procedures & Health and Safety standards.
- Work as part of a team to produce orders on time and within customer expectation/quality requirements.
- Carry out and record daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and safety checks.
- Ensure correct marking up of component parts.
- Structural steel experience is desired
- Can work alone as well as part of a team
- Work from technical engineering drawings
- Carrying out self-inspection of fabrications
- 19 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 2 weeks off at Christmas
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Welder, Skilled Welder, Welding Technician, Plater, Plating Engineer, Plater, Welding Engineer, Welding, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, MIG Welder, TIG Welder, Manufacturing Welder, Manufacturing Fabricator will also be considered for this role.