This policy applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website, and also to personal data which we process further to supplying services to our clients and candidates.
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify an individual.
This website is owned by Bluetownonline Limited and our registered office is at Unit 8, Suna House, 65 Rivington Street, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 3QQ United Kingdom.
who we are
Bluetownonline Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (as applicable the “Legislation”) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal data and we comply with the Legislation.
Any questions about our data protection policy or how we handle your personal data should be addressed to Data Controller. (See ‘How to contact us’ below.)
what information do we collect?
personal data provided by you
We collect personal data about you (such as your name, address and contact details), for example your email address when you make an enquiry, register with us or upload your CV to our website. We also collect personal data when you contact us via the online form.
personal data provided obtained from third parties
We may obtain information about you from third parties, such as Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram when you are looking for and/or you show an interest in a job listing. As a recruitment company we have a legitimate business interest to help you find work and to do this we need to process your personal data.
sensitive personal data
We will not request or hold any type of sensitive personal data or special category data about you.
For example, we may monitor information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, to improve the user’s experience whilst visiting the website, and better understand how you use it. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
how will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us
- provide the services requested
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you (see ‘Marketing’ section below)
- detect and prevent fraud
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
We may send an email directly to you with a link to an application form for certain job vacancies. These will only be vacancies that you have registered your interest in and will be only be sent if you have provided consent for us to contact you regarding roles you are interested in. Please inform us if you would like us to stop sending these emails to you.
who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- our advertisers, clients and recruiters
keeping your data secure
Our staff are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data. We comply with the Legislation and use the appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. We only share your personal data with third parties who also comply with the Legislation.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us?’ below).
We only send your data outside the EEA where we have in place a legal agreement which complies with the Legislation.
what can I do to keep my information safe
If you want detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We store your personal data on secure servers for a period of:
- Candidates – nine months from the date of your last application with us.
- Clients/Suppliers – If you are one of our clients or suppliers we will hold your details for as long as we have a business requirement to hold such details. We regularly check our databases and will delete your records if we have not used your personal data for 5 years. Please inform us if you would like us to remove any details we hold of you from our records.
- Unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period.
what rights do you have?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)
right to access – i.e. to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- write to us at Bluetownonline Limited, Unit 8, Suna House, 65 Rivington Street, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 3QQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
- let us know what information you want.
right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How to contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance we will destroy your personal data as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please:
- email or write to us (see ‘How to contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email and/or newsletter
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone).
right to lodge a complaint with the supervising authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the Contact information below). If you are still unhappy you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is the relevant supervising authority in the UK. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.ico.gov.uk
how to contact us
If you wish to contact us about any other matter, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Unit 8, Suna House, 65 Rivington Street, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 3QQ.