IT Support Engineer
Up to £25000 per annum + car and phone allowances
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum (+ car and phone allowances)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company was established in August 2003, they are a customer focused Managed Service Provider, delivering IT/Technology solutions & services to the Hospitality sector, also covering a range of other business sectors.
Their success is down to the quality and passion of the people within their business, their enthusiasm for new technologies and the strong relationships they have with both customers, suppliers and technology vendors.
As a dynamic and growing MSP, they have new opportunities for technically focused people looking to move their career onto the next level. Due to their commitment of delivering high level technical solutions to the expanding range of clients, they are looking for an IT Infrastructure specialist to join their technical team.
The role will be based in Newbury, providing both onsite and remote support for their SMB and predominantly their growing hospitality based clients. They are looking for a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced Technician who has experience of a wide array of technology’s and is comfortable working in a technical support environment.
They are looking for people with an enthusiasm for Technology, a skill set to deliver all requirements around Hotel IT systems along with the confidence to work on their own initiative. This opportunity is perfect for the person looking to work within a fast growing, yet established technology focused Managed Service Provider.
- Proactive Maintenance visits to client sites to regularly review all IT systems
- Troubleshooting support desk issues across a wide range of technologies, providing efficient long-term solutions – Working in both a 2nd and 3rd line capacity
- Pre-build solutions and testing prior to system deployment
- Pre-Sales Technical solutions design and assistance
- Being available to be deployed to a client site to resolve issues that require an onsite presence to complete
- Project related installations of IT systems and Solutions
- Liaising with 3rd parties to resolve issues with bespoke applications
- Updating a ticket management system to maintain a detailed record of all faults and fixes
- Maintaining technical documentation to ensure client records are up to date
- Working as part of a team on project related work, assisting with planning and implementations activities
- Reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will be responsible for providing technical services and support for a variety of high end clients across a full range of technology systems provided by the company
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base with varying infrastructure and services
- 2nd and 3rd line support experience with advanced Microsoft desktop and server skills including Windows 8/10 and Windows Server 2012 to 2019
- Strong Networking skills with experience of configuring and maintaining converged network solutions
- A proven history of delivering technology solutions and resolving technical issues across Hotel systems
- Strong knowledge of the technology used in the hospitality sector
- Building and maintaining physical (HP and IBM) and virtual servers
- Demonstrable experience with ADDS, ADCS, DNS, DHCP and group policy
- Exchange Server 2007 and 2013 & Office 365 experience
- Exposure to MS SQL server 2008 to 2016
- Managing SANs on fibre channel networks
- Strong knowledge of vSphere & Hyper-V
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Experience managing backup environments, both cloud and on premise
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 and Incident, Problem, Release & Change Management Procedures
- A full driving licence and own transport will be required to perform site visits. A car allowance will be provided to the successful candidate
- IT related degree or relevant qualifications highly desirable
- Candidates with Microsoft Certifications would prove advantageous
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, Windows Server Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Server Support Technician, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support Engineer, 2nd Line Linux Engineer, Network Project Engineer, IT Network Engineer, Technical Support, Technical Support Technician, Network Engineer, SQL Database Administrator, Technical Infrastructure Engineer, Linux Server Administrator, Linux Systems Administrator, Network Solutions Engineer, IT Network Support Engineer, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.