Account Manager / Business Development Manager /Sales Executive
Job Title: Account Manager
Location: Orpington (Head Office) – Home based (optional)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This company is a food importer, processor and market leader in supplying the manufacturing, wholesale, ethnic and retail sectors. They are part of the largest rice company and second largest pasta company in the world.
They are looking for an energetic, results driven Account Manager with at least 5 years’ experience and a proven track record in the UK food manufacturing industry. The role entails helping them build the sales of their growing range of rice and rice based ingredients, as well as an expanding range of Functional Ingredients focused on Healthy Eating sectors and markets. These ingredients have a wide range of functionalities and so an individual with an understanding of food science is desirable.
To help them manage their existing customer base as well as grow it through proactively seeking new product and new business opportunities, they are looking to recruit an Account Manager, with the following responsibilities and skills set.
- Develop sales of the groups full portfolio of Industrial Ingredients to designated accounts
- Deliver both existing and future Business Plans with Major Manufacturers
- Provide the necessary input to effectively manage Receivables and Inventories
- Develop appropriate personal and business relationships with the major manufacturers to enhance company profile and maximise business development
- Work closely with customer new product development teams in collaboration with their European technical teams
- To create an agreed annual sales plans
- Full P&L responsibility for account base, with focus on control of currency, costing awareness and supply chain management with procurement team
- Liaising with procurement personnel and maintain contact with supply sources
- At least 5 years’ experience as an Account Manager and a proven track record in the UK food manufacturing industry
- Experienced individual of graduate calibre with formal training background in sales and account management
- Account Management experience with Major UK Food Manufacturers is essential
- Aptitude and/or experience in understanding the technical composition of ingredients
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent Presentation skills and attention to detail
- Ambitious individual with the drive to produce results & win new business
- Demonstrate professionalism, confidence and motivation
- Strong networking and influencing skills at all levels
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Competitive Salary
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness
- Private Medical
- Company Car
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Business Development Executive, Key Account Manager, Client Support Manager, Sales Account Manager, Experienced Account Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, Customer Retention, Client Retention Exec, Business Administration, Junior Sales Account Manager, New Business Developer, Telesales Development Executive, Telesales, Account Management, New Business Manager, New Business Executive, External Sales, Sales Person, Sales Consultant, Lead Generation, Business Development Manager, Business Development, External Sales Executive, B2B, Sales Development, B2B Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Account Manager, External Sales Person, Customer Service, Customer Representative, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive may also be considered for this role.