Apprentice / Junior Internal Sales & Design Engineer
£16000 - £21000 per annum
Job Title: Apprentice / Junior Internal Sales & Design Engineer
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £16,000 – £21,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This organisation is the market leader in design, supply and maintenance of bespoke ventilation products. They are looking to recruit an Apprentice / Junior Internal Sales & Design Engineer.
You will join a team tasked with selling a range of innovative ventilation products throughout the UK and Ireland.
The role would suit a college leaver or someone looking for a new career path in sales & design who wants to learn new skills and be part of a growing business.
An engineering mind-set with emphasis on Mathematics and the Physics branch of Science would benefit the applicant, however full training and development for the role will take place during the first 6 months.
As a Sales & Design Engineer you will liaise with the sales and technical personnel within the organisation to identify new prospects and new markets as well as helping to maximise profits.
You will follow the sales process through from initial enquiry, design, through invoicing and dispatch, as well as dimensioning from technical drawings.
The successful candidate will carry out market evaluations to ensure that the company’s products are priced and positioned correctly within the markets undertaking feature, price, and margin analysis and price change justification.
They are working to a long term plan to expand the business and are able to provide the right individuals with a long term career opportunity which would be challenging, but certainly rewarding.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Commitment, care, eye for detail, and, where appropriate, a sense of urgency
- An eye for commercial opportunity
- Negotiating skills
- Dealing with people/self under pressure
- Intelligent with a good memory – able to quickly make sense out of complex information
- Numerate – able to calculate prices, margins etc.
- Developed and enthusiastic understanding of computer systems beyond that of Microsoft office, or other basic software programmes preferably including AutoCAD
- Able to develop strong relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of the HVAC / Building Services sector
- Experience of preparing / managing detailed technical and commercial proposals
- Experience dealing with Architects, consultants and contractors
- Understanding of thermodynamic / air movement principles
- £16-21K depending on Experience
- 25 days annual holiday
- Free Onsite Parking
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company Bonus scheme after qualifying period
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Sales, Sales Negotiator, Technical Sales Support, Direct Sales, B2B Sales, Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager, Business to Business Sales, New Business Sales, New Business, Lead Generation Sales, Lead Generation, Key Sales, Business Development, Direct Sales, Key Sales, Business Developer, Sales Development, Business Development, Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Graduate, Graduate Design Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Trainee Design Engineer will also be considered for this role.