Sorry, this job has expired!
Business and Development Manager / Operations Manager
Up to £27500 per annum
Job Title: Business and Development Manager
Location: Rochdale with travel across the North West
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is an innovative social enterprise delivering Healthy relationship training to employers and designing school courses to assist in the delivery of healthy relationship training.
Each year millions of women and men are affected by domestic abuse and homelessness. The Company is a CIC formed to support the charitable work of a leading charity working in Rochdale, Bury and Cheshire West and Chester providing domestic abuse support to women and men and their families and homelessness support to women.
- To develop the Company into a successful CIC.
- To proactively seek new partnerships and present proposals to new and existing customers.
- The ability to develop and implement successful management strategies and motivation to deliver continuous improvement.
- To ensure that the Company is developed in accordance with key aims and objectives.
- To lead and manage staff ensuring they work in line with strategies, resources and procedures to operate effectively and in line with agreed policies and plans.
- Harness a working environment that encourages team work , energy and creativity
- Providing consistent and responsible line management to Staff, Students and Volunteers including recruitment.
- Strategic and operational lead on the development of the Social Enterprise, ensure all defined Key Performance Indicators and Key Value Indicators are achieved.
- The post-holder will be responsible for the organisational budget and management of the training co- ordinate and administration support
- Lead on the research, development and pilot of new products and services, to further the aims and objectives of the Social Enterprise.
- Proactively seek new partnerships, to delivery greater social impact and income generation, while nurturing existing partnership and relationship.
- Work with the Charity to ensure the best use of CIC limited resources.
- Ensure professional, positive and relevant marketing and communication is carried out, showcasing the Social Enterprise’s values, services, impact and achievements.
- Work with the Directors, to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness, financial sustainability and impact of all products and services.
- Proactively seek new opportunities to innovative and achieve the defined aims and objectives.
- Establish a robust performance management performance in conjunction with the Directors of the Social Enterprise.
- Produce accurate management reports for Directors of the Social Enterprise.
- Establish policies and procedures and review regularly, to ensure compliance against legal requirements and best practice.
- Provide cover for the Training co-ordinator in their absence
- To work at times other that office hours to attend meetings, participate in networks, fundraising events and ensuring that the service is accessible.
- You have a keen interest in profit for social purpose enterprise
- You can demonstrate a commitment to performance training and development.
Skills & Abilities
- You are organised and a self-starter and are able to work under your own initiative and have excellent communication and negotiation skills (verbal and written).
- You think strategically and plan ahead with proven creativity & problem-solving ability and excellent project management skills.
- Good track record in change management at team and organisational level with a proven ability to motivate and develop staff teams and self.
- Proven ability to represent organisation with a flair for PR
- Good track record of working to deadlines, under pressure and across a wide agenda
- Ability to work with current Microsoft software and CRM systems
Knowledge & Experience
- Business planning and a demonstrable track record in business development and/or fundraising
- You have evidence of collaborative and partnership working
- You have experience of working in and leading a (small) team.
- Positive enhanced disclosure
- Car driver and owner
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required from time to time
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Business Manager, Development Manager, General Manager, Ops Manager, Business Management, Company Manager, Operations Management, Business Management and Development may also be considered for this role.