Sorry, this job has expired!
Business Development Manager / Senior Sales Executive
£28000 - £35000 per annum + Commission
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6WR
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000 depending on experience + Commission
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. They supply materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
They’re currently looking for an additional BDM to support the company’s Sales department at the head office based in Huntingdon.
The role of the BDM is to create opportunities to grow business within the existing customer base, as well as prospecting for new customers within the UK. Where these are international organisations co-operations with BDM’s for other territories is required.
The successful candidate would be expected to work to sales targets and KPI’s for the UK Market as well as developing business across the customer base. There will also be an expectation that the job holder will work with the Sales Director and other members of the sales team to contribute to the strategy and direction of the Sales function.
- Respond to customer requests in an efficient and courteous manner
- Qualify enquires and generate leads using traditional and modern media
- Develop sales opportunities
- Follow up quotations after an agreed period and pass on any appropriate information obtained to co-workers, including the Purchasing and Marketing groups
- Ensure that all information required for the processing of an enquiry is obtained prior to entry and processing
- Proactively identify and respond to potential sales, purchasing or marketing opportunities and regularly report progress of these activities to management
- Develop and improve relationships between the company and existing or potential customers
- Work closely with the Customer Technical Support group to develop sales or more complex non catalogue enquires
- Develop a full understanding of all aspects of the business and work closely with all members of the sales and technical team
- Produce a monthly report to communicate relevant commercial information to the sales manager to assist in the strategic direction of the business
- Investigate, efficiently respond to and record any issues arising with customers
- Attend relevant exhibitions and customer site shows
- Confident in nature with the ability to create strong professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ambitious and results-focused, able to work as part of a team to achieve goals
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Passionate about good customer service and building strong client relationships
- Self-motivated, resilient and responsible
- Full UK licence
- Proven track record in the sales arena
- Excellent presentation skills including writing and editing PowerPoint or Prezi
- Socially confident with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in and willingness to visit customers face to face on occasion
- Strong teamwork, drive and collaboration while maintaining the ability to work on your own initiative
- Creative and results driven
- Undergraduate degree or higher in relevant STEM subjects is desired. Equivalent experience also considered
- Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel and be away from the office
- Flexitime available
- Enhanced holiday entitlement based on length of service
- Private Health Insurance
- Income protection and critical illness
- Life Assurance
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Sales, Account Manager, External Sales Representative, Business Development Executive, Bilingual Sales Executive, New Business Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, External Sales, B2B Sales, BDM, Key Account Manager, Multilingual Sales, Product Specialist, Business Development, Business Developer, Direct Sales, BDE, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Account Management may also be considered for this role.