Care Assistant / Support Worker / Care Worker
£17362 - £18618 per annum
Job Title: Care Assistant
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £17,362 to £18,618 per annum or £9.54 to £10.23 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time / Part Time / ‘Bank’ available
Closing Date: Friday 24th December 2021
Sir Josiah Mason Trust (SJMT) is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. SJMT want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future.
Sir Josiah Mason Trust currently has vacancies for full-time, part time and ‘bank’ Care Assistants to work in its Residential care home and Extra Care scheme. We have day and night shifts available.
Our main priority is to find people with the right values, behaviours, and attitudes that match our own! As a Care Assistant you will put the residents’ care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. The Trust promotes independence, dignity and quality of life always in a person centred, caring and supportive environment.
No wo days are the same but you will assist residents with their personal care, promote activities, help with meal preparation, shopping and light cleaning/laundry whilst at all times ensuring dignity and respect are maintained for those that use the Trust’s care service.
We also have a pool of Bank Care Assistants that we offer work to from time to time to cover our care team’s holidays and sickness. This role gives you the flexibility to work the shifts that you want to fit in around your home life. We offer regular shifts to our bank staff but you have the choice of when you want to work.
Key things about you:
- Some experience in long term care, assisted living or home care is beneficial but not essential, full training will be provided
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Full driving licence and use of a car for the roles in the Extra Care scheme only
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates
- Two Covid-19 vaccinations
What we offer:
Well trained, well rewarded staff provide a better level of care. You will receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the Trust.
The Trust continues to reward its staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual ‘wellbeing’ day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Funded DBS checks
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Free uniform
- Life Insurance
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
- Wider Wallet staff discount scheme
- Employee Assistance programme – 24/7 access to confidential advice on welfare or legal issues and access to counselling
- Long service awards
- Training opportunities for professional qualifications
- Lots of progression opportunities within the organisation
SJMT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note should sufficient applications be received we reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. We always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
(IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully)
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Domiciliary Care Assistant, Senior Care Assistant, Team Leader, Care Work Assistant, Resident Care Assistant, Resident Care Worker, Elderly Care Worker, Elderly Care Assistant, Elderly Support Worker, Elderly Care, Support Assistant, Enabler, Healthcare Assistant will also be considered for this role.