Sorry, this job has expired!
Civil Enforcement Officer / Traffic and Parking Management
£18795 - £19554 per annum
Job Title: Civil Enforcement Officer (Craven)
Location: Craven District
Salary: £18,795 – £19,554 per annum pro rata
Job type: Part Time, Permanent (28 hours per week)
Closing Date: 7th September 2020
As a Civil Enforcement Officer, you will carry out the enforcement of parking restrictions by patrolling, on foot and by vehicle, yellow lines, on-street parking control areas and Council-run car parks throughout the Craven District. You will monitor car parking and, if necessary, issue penalty charge notices to vehicles contravening the parking controls in force.
You will have previous experience of dealing with the public in a calm and tactful manner and you enjoy working on your own initiative. This post involves working outside in all weathers. Full training will be given and a uniform provided.
- Patrol both on and off street parking areas both on foot or utilising a council provided vehicle (van) and to enforce the Traffic Regulation Orders by issuing a Penalty Charge Notices to vehicles observed to be contravening the parking restrictions – working three 8.3 hour days per week that covers a seven day rota, usually between the hours of 08.00 and 18.00 (Occasional pre-planned work outside of these hours may be required)
- If required give advice to both vehicle drivers and members of the public with regard to parking matters, locations of facilities and general information as requested
- Basic maintenance of pay and display machines which are located on the enforcement routes to ensure the machines are in working order and reporting faults or damage to the Craven District Council or Duty Supervisor
- Previous work with the public
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Good standard of education
- Willing to undertake in house training
- Current UK driving licence
- Ability to use a hand held computer (specific training provided)
- Tactful and calm disposition
- Responsible attitude and ability to cope in emergencies
- Numerate/ability to read simple maps, note taking skills
- Willing to wear a uniform including a hat and body worn camera
- Knowledge of Craven district
- Ability to walk for long periods outdoors and in all weathers
- Working over seven day rota (including some bank holidays) between 08.00 and 18.00
- Ability to work under own initiative without day to day direct supervision once training provided
In return there are excellent benefits, including a generous annual leave entitlement, a contributory pension scheme, various staff discounts, free parking and the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form, attach your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Parking Enforcement Officer, Enforcement Officer, Civil Enforcement Officer, Senior Enforcement Officer, Traffic Officer, Parking Officer, Community Support Officer may also be considered for this role.