CNC Milling Setter / CNC Operator – Day or Night Shift
Job Title: CNC Milling Setter / Operator – Day or Night Shift
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and are renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components. They are currently going through a strong growth period and need a number of additional, experienced CNC Setters / Operators to help support this.
They are looking for skilled CNC Millers able to set up complex, high precision parts machining. The person needs to be able to work on their own but also play a team role in handing over machines for operators to run and ensure that components are manufactured to the drawing and within tolerance. The setter must also be able to multitask across a number of machines and be proactive to ensure components meet quality requirements, working closely with QA.
- Setting multiple CNC Milling machines (e.g. Dugard and Brother VMCs)
- Liaise with Shop Floor Manager on timescales and priorities
- Carry out work running individual complex jobs as required
- Ensure consistent quality of parts produced
- Be proactive in ensuring work has all necessary tooling to avoid downtime
- Reviewing and improving the way jobs are tooled and run
- Ensure all work and raw materials in your area are correctly identified with the relevant paperwork
- Work with QA personnel on addressing any issues and supporting continuous improvement actions.
The position is suitable for someone with a significant track record in CNC milling complex parts, ideally with some experience of plastics. They will be used to supporting others and taking responsibility for the quality of work.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years CNC machining experience
- Apprenticeship or technical qualification such as an HNC/HND or City & Guilds
- Full knowledge of Fanuc and/or Siemens controls
- Setting up fixtures, tooling and programmes
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Very good eye for detail
- CNC Turning experience
- Experience working with transparent plastics
- CMM and other Quality assurance systems
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; CNC Programmer, CNC, Operator, CNC Operator, CNC Machinist, Machine Operator, Machinist, Turner, CNC Turner, CNC Operative, CNC Engineer, CNC Miller, Miller, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, Setter, CNC Programming, Machine CNC Turner, CNC Engineering may also be considered for this role.