Sorry, this job has expired!
Community Worker / Support Worker – Substance Misuse
£18219 - £19523 per annum
Job Title: Community Connector / Support Worker (Substance Misuse)
Location: Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire)
Salary: £18,219.97 – £19,523.27 p.a.
The Service: The Organisation works alongside the Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) in delivering the One Recovery Bucks (ORB) service, supporting adults and their families affected by drugs and alcohol in Buckinghamshire.
Job type: Full time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week) and may include evening, weekend & bank holiday work
- To provide a wide range of interventions with service users and substance users not yet accessing treatment, engaging them in community and open access services.
- To provide an essential liaison role to draw in local community assets to support the delivery of harm reduction and recovery focused outcomes, promoting and creating opportunities for service users to change.
- Work collaboratively with partners to ensure sustainable recovery opportunities are embedded within the service by integrating health, well-being, education, employment, training, volunteering, housing and social support.
- To promote mutual aid and peer support groups, facilitating access by maintaining referral pathways.
- To promote One Recovery Bucks to a wide range of partners, key-stakeholders and the general public.
- Work as an integral part of the service in delivering high quality and time bound interventions to Service Users throughout Buckinghamshire.
- Providing community open access services, which include the needle and syringe exchange programme, harm reduction, structured and semi-structured interventions.
- Work with a range of organisations and members of the community to harness local community assets, bridging between the community and One Recovery Bucks, supporting long-term sustainable change for service users.
- Create and maintain an online Community Recovery Assets Register
- Engaging and supporting treatment naïve.
- Supporting a service user through their treatment from assessment and throughout their recovery journey.
- Holding a caseload of non-complex service users working collaboratively to reduce harm and build their recovery capital ensuring positive outcomes are achieved.
- Promoting Service User, Carer and Community Involvement
- Promoting visible recovery and community integration
- Reducing drug and alcohol related harm to service users and the wider community
- Ensuring that your work is evidence based, up to date and in accordance with current policy, legislation and best practice.
- Keeping up to date and accurate records and documentation.
- Supervising Peer Mentors, Volunteers & Supporting Recovery Coaches
Your skills & experience will include:
- A good working knowledge and understanding of service users with drug and/or alcohol related problems
- Awareness of issues faced by others involved with people experiencing drug and alcohol related problems
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience
- Able to deliver a range of services/treatments/interventions in a person centred, non-judgmental manner
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and creativity when developing support packages
- Collaborative team working skills
- Adaptable and able to work in a challenging and changeable environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed objectives and targets
- Vocational qualification e.g. NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care or working towards
- Demonstrable education and/or training in substance use work
- Results/process oriented by sharing a proactive approach and resourcefulness to manage timelines, analyse priorities, and deliver consistent disciplined actions
- Willingness to change directions frequently in the spirit of continuous improvement to be effective daily and monthly
- Strategic thinker that commands quality, performance, and superior communications with the team and for Organisation’s customers
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Community Outreach Worker, Substance Abuse Support, Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Recovery Support Worker, Drug Misuse Support Worker, Alcohol Misuse Support Worker, Social Care Support, Social Outreach Worker may also be considered for this role.