Sorry, this job has expired!
Construction Project Manager / Project Manager
Up to £45000 per annum
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Predominantly Westminster with work across the Greater London area
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Established in the UK since 2005, The Company has grown as an award-winning main contractor for external façade restoration using façade gommage®, the only system designed to professionally clean building façades without the need for scaffolding.
They are the most comprehensive partner to help clean and restore your building facades as well as caring for your interior stonework. Their restoration teams work on professional façade restoration, masonry repairs and external building refurbishment, and their Specialist Stone Care division specialises in graffiti removal, the application of coatings and the stripping and re-polishing of all stone floors.
They also survey the interior of buildings, advice on periodic floor cleaning and provide maintenance for all types of natural stone flooring. In addition to cleaning and restoring, they developed Aqua Fend®, which is a range of four exclusive products to protect buildings, pavements and floors against a multitude of unwanted contaminants.
Over the last decade they have grown significantly and continues to expand its portfolio of works requiring a dedicated team and resource to enable the company to deliver the best possible service to all clients on works being undertaken. This is an exciting time to directly support the delivery of projects whilst initiating improvements to service, quality and operational efficiency.
The role purpose is to plan, coordinate and oversee a wide variety of projects involving construction and maintenance taking place on historic buildings in and around the Greater London area.
The role will provide an oversight of contractors, various trade workers and their employees whilst reporting and tracking project progress. Taking into account project methodology and tracking systems the construction project manager will provide hands-on support whilst ensuring client satisfaction and best reputational and financial return for them.
- Collaborating directly with the Operations Director, Contracts Manager/Programmer and all necessary stakeholders in relation to all project works
- Consulting with clients and company representatives to direct project development
- Selecting and co-ordinating contractors needed for projects
- Selecting and co-ordinating tools and materials needed for projects
- Site visits to check progress and amendments to requirements
- Cultivating strong working relations to resolve project conflicts and making decisions where necessary
- Compiling and circulating project details
- Costing and budgeting analysis
- Completing on site risk assessments and method statements
- Disseminating health and safety information and documents ensuring all is completed compliant
- Attending and providing information at the weekly ‘Monday Management Meeting’
- Cost analysis and comparison for their orders
- Updating and reviewing MS project planner to ensure data is current
- Ensuring all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner and in line with corporate response times
- Meeting potential clients and fostering relationships
Essential Requirements and Experience:
- Solid experience in the construction industry including expertise in specific skilled trades/type of work such as painting, stone masonry, HGV drivers and façade/stone cleaners
- Solid experience of project management using formal project management methodologies
- Experience in using MS Project
- Previous experience of monitoring and evaluation systems and managing budgets and finance
- Good understanding of risk and risk management with experience of handling risk appropriately
- High level project management and implementation skills, including an ability to manage multiple strands of activity simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with ability to work proactively with people at all levels
- Well-developed negotiation skills, in order to re-negotiate deadlines and resources without creating unacceptable risk
- Excellent team player with an outgoing and friendly manner
- Excellent chairing skills to ensure output led and effective meetings
- Ability to work well under pressure in a methodical and organised manner
- High level organisation skills with the ability to work independently and prioritise workload to meet fixed deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- 21 days a year annual leave
- Bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Company pension through Scottish Widows
- Perkbox discount benefits system
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Strictly no recruitment agencies.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Administrator, Service Delivery Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, Project Manager, Project Controller, Project Supervisor, Construction Coordinator and Site Coordinator may also be considered for this role.