Sorry, this job has expired!
£18000 - £25000 per annum
Job Title: Credit Controller
Salary: £18,000 to £25,000 per annum (Pro rata if part time)
Job Type: Permanent, Full time (Part Time available at 25 hours p.w. over 4 days)
Hours: 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday or over 4 days a week
The company is a successful privately owned independent lift company providing maintenance and modernisation solutions to a variety of customers. They are currently looking for a Credit Controller to be based at their Dartford office.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working closely with other members of the accounts department this role is responsible for the Company’s Credit Control.
This is a permanent office-based role, with no remote working, part-time (minimum 25 hours per week, spread across a minimum four days) or full-time will be considered.
- Downloading customer payments from invoice discounting system
- Posting and allocating of customer receipts in Sage 50 and operational system
- Resolving customer disputes and queries
- Chasing customers both by phone and email for cash collection to ensure payment terms are adhered to
- Issuing customer statements electronically; internally and externally.
- Communicating internally with staff of all levels
- Controlling and seeking approval for new customer accounts, creating on accounts system
- Raise internal credit requests for approval by the directors
- Monthly control account and invoice discounting, invoice uploading and reconciliation
- Attending and actively participating in monthly debtors meeting
- Banking cheques (on occasions)
- Instigating legal action for non-payment of debts through the courts
- Any other reasonable duties associated with the role
- Occasional support for purchase ledger due to annual leave or sickness etc.
- Experience in a similar position and only those with the relevant experience will be considered
- Experience of lift industry (or similar) preferred
- Experience of Sage Accounts 50
- Experience of VAT and CIS scheme
- Experience of invoice discounting facility
- Experience of dealing with small and large companies, small and high volumes of data, different industries
- Use of Outlook (emails, calendars)
- Use of Excel
- Close attention to detail
- Good written and telephone manner
- Accountancy qualifications may assist, but not essential
- Can offer Part Time Mon – Fri with flexible hours of 25 a week or over a minimum of 4 days
- Pro-rata annual leave based on 25 days as the Full Time Equivalent
- Company Auto Enrolment Pension
Please be aware; due to the immediate start of this role, the company will not be providing any relocation packages or sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Credit Control, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Debt Collection, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Collections Advisor, Debtor Management, Accounts Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Collections Officer, Collections Advisor, Negotiations, Collections, Recovery Advisor will also be considered for this role.