Sorry, this job has expired!
Data Analyst / Business Information Analyst
£27905 - £30507 per annum
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Lowestoft or Melton
Salary: £27,905 to £30,507 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: Wednesday 19 August 2020
The Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across East Suffolk.
They’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to assist them in being a truly data-led organisation, they want you to work with them, using your expertise in data analysis and reporting techniques to help the organisation to understand challenges and make the right decisions using the data available.
You will have expertise in data modelling and reporting packages with ability to analyse large datasets. You must have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interpret data and present it in an understandable way to a variety of audiences, knowledge of PowerBI would be an advantage.
Main Purpose of the Role:
Your role will be to provide analytical and reporting services which identify and predict trends and patterns in data and address key business needs, working with services right across the Council and liaising with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of data analysis and reporting techniques
- Good working knowledge of extracting data from a variety of database environments
- Expertise in use of data modelling and reporting packages with ability to analyse large datasets
- Advanced MS Excel (including Power Query), SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL or other RDMS
- Good data visualisation and reporting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to create recommendations and reports for both technical and business audiences
- An analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills
- High level of literacy, numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to help to transform the way the council works
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills
- Degree-level qualification in data analytics / statistics or related subject or equivalent relevant experience
In return, the Council can offer great opportunities for training and development. They want you to stay with them for the long-term, so they will give you all the support they can to build a great career with the organisation. There is also a superb benefits package including flexible working options and purpose built brand new office accommodation, as well as a generous leave entitlement, discount scheme, pension scheme and free car parking.
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page to complete the application form.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, the majority of our teams are working from home and there is strict social distancing measures in place for the limited number of staff working from our offices. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please feel free to bring this up during the recruitment process.
Candidates with experience of: Data Scientist, Data Solutions analyst, MI Analyst, MI Data Analyst, Business Insight Analyst, Data Insight Analyst, Data mining, Data modelling, Statistician, Econometrics, Data modelling may also be considered for this role.