Sorry, this job has expired!
£22000 - £26000 per annum
Job Title: Demand Planner
Salary: £22,000 – £26,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30am to 4.45pm and Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm
A long established company in designing and manufacturing are looking for someone who can demonstrate their company values, working on their own initiative and taking ownership of their workload. It’s a fast paced business with a passion for their people; they invest in training and development of all colleagues.
Working alongside the Demand Planning Manager, this role will give you a great opportunity to be involved with one of their major customers to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive work environment. You’ll need to be able to work well under pressure and to tight timescales to deliver top quality work and they’ll expect you to be able to manage your own priorities.
- Supporting the Demand Planning Manager
- To compile and deliver all the relevant operational reports to the customer.
- On forecasting of the demand across all areas of customer stock supported ranges
- Working to achieve a 98% stock availability
- Creating weekly/monthly rolling demand forecasts
- Raising purchase orders to suppliers and ensure on time delivery of all requirements
- Dealing with customer stock enquiries and resolving using problem solving
- Creating great communication between departments through the company, working closely with the warehouse team
- Involvement in planning and introduction of new product, liaising with other departments
- Customer visits as required.
The backbone of this role is having the ability to work at a fast pace and produce timely analysis and reporting mainly in Excel. You’ll need a strong analytical ability and the openness to expand your IT ability to work with their operating system.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of demand planning principles and Inventory management principles
- GCSE Maths & GCSE English Grade B or above
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly with Excel (lookups, pivots etc)
- Evidence of well-practised communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to record information in a concise, accurate and legible manner, as appropriate
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload
- Proven ability of organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical reasoning & problem solving
- Supply chain experience
- Own car and full driving license
Desirable Skills & Qualifications
- A-level Maths grade C or above
- Degree in supply chain related discipline
- Understanding of the textiles industry
- Understanding of Asia based supply chains
- Experience of working within or in supplying a large national retailer
- Working knowledge of Epicor
Benefits of the company:
- Early finish on a Friday
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, increased with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Company sick pay
- Voluntary staff savings scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Death in service benefit
- Staff awards scheme
- Social events through the year for staff and families
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Purchasing Analyst, Supply Chain Assistant, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Supply Chain Coordinator, Supply Chain Analyst, Purchasing Assistant, Forecasting Analyst, Forecasting Assistant, Demand Planning Analyst, Demand Planner may also be considered for this role.