Sorry, this job has expired!
Driver Class 1 / Delivery Driver / C+E Driver – HGV/LGV
Job Title: Class 1 HGV/LGV Driver
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
This well-established privately owned company has an enviable reputation for providing top quality customer service to its broad range of commercial customers within both the private and public sectors. Experiencing continuous growth the company now wishes to appoint a bright and friendly person, with a flexible manner and working style, to join their growing team.
The company is looking for an enthusiastic, bright and capable Class 1 HGV/LGV driver. A quick learner who can absorb new ideas, communicate clearly and who also possesses a good team spirit and is deadline orientated. Having a proven ability to use automatic routing or location software and to provide an efficient and prompt driver service.
- Making deliveries and collections from business premises.
- Driving vehicles on scheduled routes to deliver and collect Waste/Recycling material.
- Completing the correct documentation when collecting and delivering materials.
- Maintaining the vehicles cleanliness both inside and out.
- Verifying the contents for delivery or collection against pre-printed route sheets.
- Driving in heavy traffic and unsociable hours.
- Report delays, accidents or other traffic situations to managers.
- Delivering a friendly and professional service to customers.
- Driving safely whilst obeying all traffic laws and regulations.
- Obtaining customer signatures on delivery and collection paper work.
- Reporting any mechanical problems of deficiencies with your vehicle.
- Completing vehicle inspection including: diesel oil, water, oil, tires and lights.
- Driver’s License
- Previous Driving Experience will be beneficial. Although training will be provided
- No Driving Disqualifications within the last three years
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Customer facing skills.
- Experience in driving HGV vehicles (preferably curtain Sided and Skip Lorries)
- Calmness under pressure
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; HGV Class 1 Driver, HGV Driver, Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle Driver, Large Goods Vehicle Driver, HGV 1, Multidrop Driver, Multi-drop Driver, Class 1, Truck Driver, LGV, HGV, C+E Driver may also be considered for this role.