Sorry, this job has expired!
Estate Building Foreman / Multi Skilled Operative
Up to £27500 per annum
Job Title: Foreman (Estate Building)
Location: York (YO41 1QG)
Salary: £27,500 per annum
Job Type: 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, Permanent, Full Time
Garrowby Estate is a traditional agricultural estate extending to 13,250 acres, located 13 miles east of York. The estate comprises the following:
- Two principal houses
- 40 let farms
- 750 acre in-hand farm
- Stud farm
- 1140 acres of forestry
- 140 let houses and cottages
- Various commercial properties including a village pub
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Experienced and competent in a broad range of building skills including brickwork/blockwork, plastering, damp proofing, roofing, paving, groundworks and drainage.
- Self-motivated and capable of producing high quality work on a consistent basis.
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate the day-to-day workload of the building team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and solve problems.
- Ability to motivate the team members to produce high quality work in an efficient manner.
- Previous experience of Estate work and operation of a JCB 3CX would be an advantage.
- A friendly character is essential with the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
Reporting to the Clerk of Works and operating from Garrowby Sawmill, the successful applicant will have NVQ, HNC or HND qualifications.
Extra Info/ Benefits:
- Pay will be reviewed annually; the first review being due in June 2022.
- The successful applicant will be entitled to join the pension scheme and the employer will contribute 6% of salary.
- Overtime may be available during the summer months.
- Holiday entitlement is 29 working days including Public Holidays.
- The Building Department, which works alongside the Joinery Department and contractors, comprises a building foreman, three general builders and a labourer. A suitably experienced and qualified craftsman is required to join the department following the promotion of the existing foreman. The position offers a varied workload within an attractive working environment.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Builder, General Builder, Building Manager, Building Foreman, Building Maintenance, Building Operative, Property Maintenance, Building Team Leader may also be considered for this role.