Sorry, this job has expired!
Experienced Bookkeeper – HR Consultancy
£24000 - £27000 per annum
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Location: Basingstoke and/or Hereford
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000
Hours: 40 Hours per week Monday to Friday (8:30 – 17:00, lunch ½ hour)
The company are a specialist provider of Employer Services. They provide outsourced Employer Solutions to clients in the areas of HR, Payroll, Bookkeeping and Health & Safety. They are part of a larger group who provide global HR and Payroll solutions to a wide and prestigious client base, with the head office in Hong Kong. They are a small but growing team with two operational offices in the UK (Basingstoke, Hants and Ashford, Surrey) as well as a sales & marketing office in Hereford.
- Accurately and timely processing of all Xero data and relevant paperwork in respect of Month End for in-house and client companies
- Liaison with overseas offices
- Production of Monthly Management Accounts by due deadlines
- Promptly respond to client queries where required
- Maintain and reconcile Sales, Purchase and Nominal ledgers
- Reconcile all bank accounts including EUR & USD accounts
- Reconcile all VAT accounts and provide figures for client VAT return
Skills & Qualifications
- AAT qualified or equivalent
- Significant prior experience in a Bookkeeping role, dealing specifically with UK Bookkeeping
- First rate working knowledge of Xero
- Multi-Currency experience
- Excellent Excel ability
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work alone effectively, but also a good team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Good literacy and numeracy
- Customer Service skills
- Be driven and show initiative
- Extremely organised
- Proactive, professional attitude to all tasks, customers and colleagues
- Smart, presentable appearance
- 21 days annual leave rising to 25 with service
- Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme (after 3 months’ continuous service)
- Private Medical Cover (after 6 months’ probation)
- Life Cover x3 base salary
- Free parking on site at all of the company’s offices
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must currently be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; ACCA, CIMA, AAT, Bookkeeper, Purchase Ledger, Bookkeeping Clerk, Assistant Accountant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Bookkeeping , Accounts Clerk, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Junior Accountant, Xero will also be considered for this role.