Field Service Engineer / Trainee Service Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer / Trainee Service Engineer
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a British owned and managed support surfaces specialist proudly supporting healthcare professionals to improve clinical outcomes and patient care. Our team is committed to developing and delivering innovative support surfaces and services to meet the challenges our customers face every day in reducing avoidable pressure ulcers, preventing cross infection and improving equipment safety and availability.
Highly skilled and experienced the amazing team uses and develops leading edge technology and is passionately committed to the consistent delivery of the promises, understanding that we are supporting our customers in improving patient care and safety. Knowing this motivates each and every one of us in all that we do every day.
Field Service Engineers are responsible for the service, repair, compliance testing, delivering and installing of a range of healthcare equipment and medical devices products to the highest technical standards in accordance with Essential Healthcare’s Policies and Procedures. The engineer will provide on-site corrective and preventive maintenance solutions as well as other after-sales technical support solutions.
For the Trainee Service Engineer, you will be allocated a mentor who will train and develop you whilst continually assess your performance and regularly report your progress to the Regional Service Manager who will provide feedback.
Working towards becoming a qualified Service Engineer, as well as shadowing colleagues you will also be enrolled on various product and service training courses.
- Carry out servicing, repairs, compliance testing, delivery and installation of equipment.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, efficiently and effectively in a timely manner in accordance with company policies and procedures before leaving customer site.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work effectively and efficiently in order to complete servicing and repairs on time
- Be customer facing and confident in problem solving
- Reporting of issues regarding products and/or service issues and be able to accurately relay this information onto necessary departments
- Fault finding over the telephone
- Customer facing and represent the company, identify leads for product sales as and when required and pass on details to follow up
They are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who has a willingness to learn and develop within the business. The successful applicant will ideally be located around Gloucester. You will be/have:
- Solution and customer focused with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Personable and able to establish effective relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Team player
- Action orientated
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Personable and Presentable
- Analytical and able to understand cause & effects
- Prepare and execute comprehensive plans
- Must have a full clean driving licence
- Must have an enhanced DBS check / Disclosure Scotland
Due to the nature of the role, there may be a requirement to undertake work outside of normal hours and be part of an on-call rota.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Trainee Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Fault Repair Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Medical Field Service Engineer, Medical Equipment Engineer, Medical Service Engineer, Medical Decontamination Engineer may also be considered for this role.