Sorry, this job has expired!
Finance Manager / Accounts Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
This is an ambitious UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. They supply materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications within areas such as Healthcare, Industry, Communications, Academia and Defence.
As part of the Management Team you will manage the day to day operation of the Finance department and provide support to the Finance Director in all aspects of the Company Finances. This role will take responsibility for the line management of the finance & accounts department.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will support the preparation of financial accounts, help design, deliver and maintain sound financial and non-financial management systems that aid the financial strength of the Group.
The successful candidate will support cost efficient investment opportunities, investment in technology, analyse data and identify cost reduction opportunities. Through managing and working with the accounts team you will identify and advise on financial decisions and implications for the business.
- Lead the finance team (5 direct reports) in all day to day tasks for UK and overseas subsidiaries
- Coordinate finalisation of the monthly management accounts and balance sheet pack. Present to the Finance Director for review
- Produce draft commentary and analytical review of key variances
- Manage monthly payroll
- Develop team and company KPIs for performance and efficiency measurement
- Identify process improvements to increase speed and accuracy of reporting
- Review, develop, document and update internal controls to ensure compliance with both Company policy and relevant legislation
- Drafting of annual statutory financial statements
- Support the FD with all audits
- Assist with development and ongoing maintenance of forecasting models
- Provide expert support to wider business stakeholders to allow business change and development
- Partner with departments to identify data requirements, improve process access to data and upskill non-financial managers
- Produce accurate, timely reports to support business objectives
- Qualified AAT / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of working in a multi-currency, International group
- Post qualification experience in similar role
- Evidence of continual professional development
- A good knowledge of underlying systems and controls required to secure sound and effective financial management
- Excellent IT skills, account packages, Microsoft Office, advanced Excel including data manipulation
Desirable Skills :
- Knowledge of PowerBI
- Knowledge of Mitrefinch Payroll
- Knowledge of Sage 200
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Resolve issues and be solution driven
- Quickly establish rapport and credibility
- Feedback to wider team to improve processes
- Identify opportunities and influence at SMT / Director level
- Competitive Salary
- Laptop, iPhone, Expense Card.
- Company Medical Insurance
- Flexible working
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Group Finance Officer, Accountant, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Coordinator, Finance Associate, Financial Controller, Chartered Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Management Accountant, Group Accountant, Finance Specialist, Financial Accounting, Cost Controller, Accounts Controller, Accounts Analyst, ACA, ACCA, CIMA may also be considered for this role.