Sorry, this job has expired!
Financial Systems Officer / Finance Officer
£27907 - £33542 per annum
Job Title: Systems Officer
Salary: £27,907 – £33,542 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 26th November 2019
The Council’s Finance Team is a great place to develop your career since you get to support a wide range of activities in one of the countries most progressive and innovative Councils. Their corporate culture is forward thinking, innovative, customer focused and built on a belief in partnership working.
In the Finance Team a commercial and results driven approach are important as you will be providing first class accounting, governance and financial sustainability. Three roles are now available due to a promotion and expansion of the finance function.
As a Systems Officer you will be closely involved in implementing, maintaining and upgrading financial systems to support the Council’s changing pattern of services.
You will need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of key financial systems, applying your knowledge of SQL and programming tools. You will help ensure the systems are secure and that their data is accurate and robust.
- To have, develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of finance and cash management systems and direct the various teams in ensuring the accuracy of core systems
- Lead and direct in the design and implementation of sound and effective financial information systems
- Devise and maintain solutions for interfaces between financial systems
- Provide support and cover to the System Accountant and Finance Officer as required
- Perform system checks, reconciliations and controls on a daily/monthly basis
- A good working knowledge of key financial systems (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipting)
- Demonstrable experience of the use of a finance ledger -revenue/capital and balance sheet
- It would also be useful if you have knowledge of local government finance and full membership of AAT
Role-specific technical skills
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Use of programming tools to manipulate databases
- Business processes and financial control systems
- Maintaining financial systems
- Budget preparation
- Closure of accounts
- Appreciation of the role that financial accounting plays in Local Government
- Project management
Please click the APPLY button and you will be directed to the Council’s careers page to complete your application.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; SQL, Financial Systems Programmer, Senior Accounts Assistant Bookkeeper, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Accountant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Assistant Accountant, Junior Accountant will also be considered for this role.