Front Office Manager / PA to Principal / Personal Assistant
£25725 - £28371 per annum
Job Title: Front Office Manager and PA to the Principal
Salary: £25,725.00 – £28,371.00 per annum (pro rata to £24,063.47 – £26,538.57)
Position: Full Time, Term-Time Only (37 hours per week, 42 weeks per year)
Closing Date: Sunday 8th March 2020
Start Date: May 2020
The College is an outstandingly successful Sixth Form College with 2,500 16-19 year old students following advanced level courses. They have a long history of exceptional examination results and sits near the top of the national sixth-form college performance tables, meaning it is one of the very best in the country.
The role will be busy and varied, predominately supporting the Principal and Deputy Principal, in addition to managing the Front Office Receptionist and two part-time Office Administrators. The post-holder will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and customer service at all times.
- Provide administrative support to the Principal and Senior Leadership Team
- Manage the Principal’s and Deputy Principal’s diary
- Support the Senior Team in producing word documents, PowerPoints, letters, scheduling meetings, preparing and circulating agendas and other relevant documentation, and producing and circulating minutes within agreed timescales
- Welcome the Principal’s visitors to the College and ensure all feel valued
- Filter communications, including phone calls, to the Principal and coordinate appropriate response when possible
- Line management of the Front Office team
- Organise workload for Front Office/Reception and conduct Performance Appraisals
- Assist with the organisation of College events such as Parents’ Evening, Open Events, etc.
- Provide admin support to the Newsletter Editor
- Provide admin support to the HE+ Coordinator
- Provide admin support to the Year 10 Open Morning Coordinator
- Maintain and update the information on the Kirklees E Prospectus
- Contribute to developing and implementing health and safety practices and serve on the H&S committee
- Assist with the enrolment of new students in organising enrolment days and putting together the starter pack
- Together with the MIS Manager, provide parents with Cedar log on details
- Coordinate large room bookings in College
- Produce daily staff bulletins
- Designated First Aider
- Any other duties as reasonably expected of the post holder
- GCSE English, and Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Strong administrative skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of dealing with people at various management levels, both throughout the organisation and externally
- Demonstrate a high level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Be empathetic to staff and have a friendly, approachable personality
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative Demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure while applying quality standards to all tasks
- Highly organised and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work
- A proven commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- A proven commitment to equality and diversity and an understanding of the College’s policies
- Ability to uphold and promote the values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and tolerance and have mutual respect for those with different faiths and beliefs
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to their careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; PA, Personal Assistant, EA to Associate, PA to Associate, EA to Partner, PA to Partner, School Secretary, Office Assistant, Business Administrator, Executive Assistant, Business Assistant, Secretary, College Secretary will also be considered for this role.