General Hand / Trainee Fettler
£18138 - £20338 per annum
Job Title: General Hand / Trainee Fettler
Location: Axminster, Devon
Salary: £18,138 – £20,338 (equivalent to £8.72 – £9.77 per hour) depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:30; Friday 07:30 – 13:30)
Based in Axminster, Devon, the company has grown since 1966 to become one of the UK’s leading stove manufacturers. Key to their long term success is their highly loyal and dedicated workforce who build exceptional products and offer exemplary services to retail partners.
Their continued investment in people, plant and products means they often have exciting opportunities for others to become part of the team in this growing company.
They can offer a competitive salaries and a benefits package which includes:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement, including additional leave based on length of service
- Sickness scheme
- Discount for staff purchases
- Cyclescheme – save money on a bike and accessories
- Free car parking
The General Hand will work in the finishing team, assembling and packing doors, spares and stoves. Fettling duties on a rotational basis will be required, for which full training will be given.
The General Hand may at times be required to assist with other production operations, to suit business needs.
- Assemble stoves in accordance with ‘stove assembly instructions’, move to packing
- Build sub assemblies to ‘sub-assembly instructions’, move to Stores
- Pack stoves in accordance with ‘stove packing instructions’, move to Stores
- Manufacture doors to ‘door assembly instructions’, move to Stores
- Re-work returned goods and internal non-conforming parts as required
- Ensure all tasks are completed within ‘standard time’
- Produce fettled parts to specification
- Ensure daily and weekly equipment checks and maintenance is completed
- Report any faults and discuss improvement opportunities with the Manufacturing Foreman
- Ensure adequate housekeeping is maintained within your own work area
- Ensure all Company Health and Safety Procedures and Safe Systems of Working are followed
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment is used as directed, maintained and stored correctly
- Ensure all Company Quality Standards are maintained
- Ensure compliance to all Company Rules and Regulations
- Any other reasonable task as directed by your Line Manager
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to meet targets, whilst demonstrating accuracy and quality of work
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and work instructions
- Well organised, with a systematic approach to work
- Conscientious with a high attention to detail
- 21 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, increasing by 1 day at every 2 years’ service, to a maximum of 24 days
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Labourer, Production Assembler, Mechanical Assembler, Assembling Assistant, Production Operator, Production Operative, Manufacturing Operative, Process Operator, Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Operative, Production Operator, Production Technician, Process Technician, Production Engineer, Machine Tool Fitter may also be considered for this role.