Sorry, this job has expired!
Health, Safety & Environment Manager / SHE Manager
£34500 - £39500 per annum
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Salary: £34,500 to £39,500 per annum dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Based in Blackburn, The Company is a leading pet food manufacturer whose industry knowledge spans over 135 years.
Each of their brand offers a unique insight into animals from dogs to ducks and produces high-quality products that cater to a wide variety of consumer needs. As a trusted partner, they provide private label goods including extruded food, wet food and retorted trays, and baked fresh meat treats.
The business also offers additional services such as packaging design, fulfilment and logistics. With a broad range of capabilities and distribution channels worldwide, they are proud to be a major supplier to the UK grocery, independents and pet speciality sectors.
They are looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their growing business and play a critical role in identifying, coordinating and driving improvements in safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service.
Responsible for the Health, safety, welfare and environment of the business and its employees, you will be the point of contact for SHE enquiries and ensuring that all Health and Safety policies are upheld site wide.
- Responsible for the Health, safety, welfare and environment of the business and its employees
- Point of contact for SHE enquiries
- Create an annual SHE plan including clear timescales and ensure delivery of it
- Develop plans with department managers to improve the image of SHE and reduce accidents
- Organise, Chair and develop a factory Safety meeting
- Maintain the Health and Safety policy
- Be the site contact and lead for SHE audits and visits
- Ensure improvement plans for accidents and near misses
- To ensure factory compliance to the company’s H&S policy
- To ensure the management team uphold their duty under the H&S policy
- To lead projects to attain external accreditation under the SHE umbrella
- Provide support to all departments for SHE issues as and when required
- If appropriate attend relevant industry-related association meetings
- Be the sites contact with HSE and other external bodies for all matters SHE
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Must be fluent in English, verbal & written
- Polite, courteous well presented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self motivated
- A flexible, enthusiastic, and committed attitude
- 5 years experience as an H&S manager in a FMCG company
- NEBOSH accreditation
- Environmental awareness
- To be computer literate
Core working hours are between 8.30 – 5.00 however due to the nature of the role, some out of hours working will be required.
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: SHE Advisor, Environment Officer, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHE Officer, Health and Safety Advisor, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Consultant, Health and Safety Specialist, HSE Executive, HES Auditor, Health and Safety Risk Assessor, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Regulatory Compliance, Manufacturing Environmental Compliance may also be considered for this role.