ICT Infrastructure Specialist / IT Infrastructure Engineer
£32552 - £37475 per annum
Job Title: ICT Senior Infrastructure Specialist (Workstation)
Salary: £32,552 – £37,475 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 25th November 2019
The Council are looking for a motivated, forward-thinking person to work in the third-line Workstation team.
This important role will support the design and development of all Workstation infrastructure management systems within the Council.
- Office365 workload migration, management and tech support – including but not necessarily limited to Sharepoint, Teams and OneDrive
- Windows 10 enterprise management – using SCCM, Intune and related tools to securely manage a large estate of tablets and desktops across the borough, moving towards modern management technologies
- Mobile device management – using Intune to securely manage access for corporate and personal mobile devices to Office365 and other corporate resources
- Desktop printer management – using secure print solutions to manage availability and access to our suite of corporate MFDs
- Development of our SCCM (Modern Endpoint Management) suite to improve desktop management and security
- Using and developing Intune to manage and support the mobile estate
- Migrating to and support of Office365 workloads
- A keen interest in developing technologies
- Skills in using Powershell scripts to manage desktops, applications and cloud services would be highly desirable
In addition to performing this key role for the Council, there will be opportunities to pursue continuing professional development.
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
What they can offer:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 27 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all their employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for their staff and customers – they aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Analyst, 3rd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Helpdesk Engineer, Office Migration, Virtual Desktop Management, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Management, Infrastructure Technician, Technical Support, Technical Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.