Internal Control Officer / Internal Auditor
£28000 - £33000 per annum
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Salary: £28,000 – £33,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company offers both retail and wholesale banking products and services to private, corporate and institutional clients. Their products and services are designed to address the needs of individuals and corporate clients visiting or based in the United Kingdom with business or personal connections in Africa and vice versa.
Internal Control and Audit provides independent assurance to the CEO, Board Audit Committee and internal stakeholders, as well as certain external stakeholders (typically external auditors, the Group Auditors and regulators).
The Bank’s philosophy is to have strong controls and the position is a high profile role that is expected to add value to the firm making reasonable and constructive recommendations for improvements.
The purpose of this role is to provide reliable, valued assurance to the senior management over the effectiveness of controls mitigating current and evolving high / medium risks and in so doing enhancing the controls culture within the organisation.
The Internal control officer will ensure on an ongoing basis a continuous monitoring of management controls and reporting on adequacy of internal controls
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting in and/or performing assessment of risks and internal controls within the Bank in line with the Bank’s risk based control assessment approach
- Provide assurance that processes and procedures are complied with so as to avoid operational losses
- Provide assurance that controls are in place and are effective and adequate and make recommendations where necessary
- Review daily bank-wide system postings and transactions and ensure all transactions are posted accurately
- Review and manage User access and authorisation to various banking applications, password management, limits/ functions management
- Carry out daily bank reconciliation review on all bank Nostro accounts
- Any other assigned responsibilities
- Internal Control/audit experience and strong technical skills gained within a Banking role (Retail and Wholesale banking) is essential
- Able to perform assessment of internal controls and report on any control failure
- Familiarity with FCA/PRA regulations and forthcoming regulatory developments
- Good understanding of banking operations and business risks
- Experience in assisting with executing Internal Controls procedures designed to support the business
- Confident and have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Will be expected to develop effective working relationships within the bank
- CRISC, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA or CISA qualification is preferable or currently studying towards accountancy and audit qualifications
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; Internal Auditor, Auditor, Accountancy Auditor, Internal Audit, ACCA, AIA, ACA, CCAB, AAT Qualified, IT Auditor, IT System Auditor, Corporate Auditor, Company Auditor, Fraud Auditor may also be considered for this role.