Sorry, this job has expired!
Internal Sales Manager / Business Development – Office Based
company car, mobile phone and laptop
Job Title: Internal Sales Manager
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience + provision/use of a company car, mobile phone and laptop
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
Effectively managing and leading by example, the company’s internal sales team to grow existing accounts and introduce new customers in line with the company’s Sales KPI’s and wider business objectives.
Managing resources to promote and sell a broad range of hazardous waste collection and disposal services, supporting sales driven marketing campaigns, generating enquiries, creating and following up quotations in order to generate sales and margin revenue. Exploring new potential markets or sectors of business.
Providing support to the external sales team (KAM & BD) in their role to retain and grow their customer bases.
- Contribute to and implement the company’s annual sales and marketing plan
- Identify and implement activities which ensure that you and the whole team meet and wherever possible exceed monthly and annual targets/KPI’s
- Using a targeted list of customers, lapsed customers and new prospects make direct calls to generate new business or increase spend
- Direct cold calling to specified markets including; asbestos, COSHH, hazardous and other specialist waste producing sectors of market e.g. LARCS, construction and demolition and roofing
- On a consistent and ongoing basis update CRM in line with GDPR legislation. Recording all interactions with customers and prospects – including telephone calls, e-mails and written communications
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationship to make them the first choice for their waste management requirements
- Support marketing by assisting and following up on marketing campaigns and prospective customers. Manage and follow up on any external mailings such as letters, literature or promotional offers
- Follow up all sales enquiries issuing quotations in a timely and efficient manner as required, responsible for completion of own quotations for leads generated
- Follow up on all quotations issued in a timely manner, taking appropriate action to maximise conversion rate within company’s margin and service delivery parameters
- Completion of, or obtaining, customer purchase orders
- Oversee the speedy resolution of customer invoice queries
- Liaising with service partners, both for sub-contact and Hazibag
- Oversee the development of a sub-contract database
- Reporting on all jobs >£10,000 on the internal sales pipeline and timely and effective follow-up all quotations/proposals
- Take part in regular reviews of customer accounts and assist in identifying growth areas
- Retain accounts and seek growth opportunities in sales within existing customer base
- Present a clean and dynamic company image
- Day to day supervision of direct reports in the internal sales team and management of workloads, workflow and staffing levels to ensure productivity and sales KPIs are met
- Agree and communicate objectives, KPIs, and standards of behaviour with internal sales team on an annual basis at minimum
- Monitor and manage staff performance in a timely manner against job description, objectives, KPIs and standards of behaviour informally and monthly through one-to-ones and 6 monthly through PRDP process
- Identify and raise training and development needs for all staff, identify and encourage future talent and coach team members to ensure on-going professional development
- Maintain staff’s Breathe HR accounts to ensure they are accurate and up to date including absence, holidays, one-to-one records and write-ups and training records and certificates
- First point of contact for general HR concerns for those in the internal sales team
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets, people management and customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, negotiate effectively and build relationships
- A positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Commercially driven to exceed targets
- Understanding the importance of and experience of working with a CRM (Acman is currently being used)
- Organised, able to prioritise and manage their and other’s workloads
- Knowledge and understanding of the asbestos market and/or hazardous waste management, solutions and legislation is desirable
- PC literate with good knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Office suite
Please note: Candidates must have own transportation, office location is not accessible via public transport.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Account Manager, Business Support, Experienced Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Key Accounts, Sales Account Manager, Senior Business Development Manager, Customer Services Executive, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Service Manager, Customer Service Supervisor, Senior Business Development Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, B2B Sales, Senior Business Development Executive, Customer Service Team Leader, Client Support Manager, Customer Support, Client Service, Customer Service Consultant may also be considered for this role will be considered for this role.