Sorry, this job has expired!
Paraplanner / Financial Planner
£25000 - £40000 per annum
Job Title: Paraplanner
Location: Birmingham (B3)
Salary: From £25k to £40k depending upon technical knowledge and experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Company
The Company only work with relatively wealthy clients who have over £0.5m in liquid assets.
Firstly, they carry out life planning; helping clients clarify what would be a fulfilling life. Then they build a lifetime wealth model of their financial situation to provide context as to how their wealth can support the life plan. Then they move on to Wealth Management, investing clients’ money in their own structured portfolios which are reviewed every 4 weeks, giving consistently above-market performance for below-market risk.
By the way, they don’t advertise. All of their clients come by referral from existing highly satisfied clients.
They are currently running a waiting list for new clients as they can’t grow their staff overnight as this is a complex job and training takes time.
They are looking for a paraplanner with some or perhaps substantial experience. There is also potential to assume management and/or part-ownership of the business for the right candidate who can grow into this level of responsibility.
Are you a Paraplanner who:
- Is well presented, courteous, and friendly with a positive mental attitude
- Is honest, respectful, and trustworthy
- Is eager to impress
- Demonstrates high personal expectations and ethical values
- Shows discretion and integrity when dealing with confidential information
- Always tries hard to do a job to the best of your ability
And has the following technical skills/knowledge
- Level 4 qualification status or Chartered or at least part way towards Diploma of Financial Planning
- Conversant with lifetime cashflow planning
- Speaks well, writes articulately, is numerate and computer literate
Why would you want to work for them?
- They excel at what they do so they work with delightful and appreciative clients for life.
- They have excellent efficient and dedicated paraplanners who love their job.
- They have a great business model with a small number of high value clients paying annual fees in return for a very high level of service.
- They continually push back the boundaries of good financial planning working at the cutting edge
- It’s an exciting place to be.
- They are a small enough firm to notice when you work hard and they reward those who go the extra mile.
- They have high expectations and will help you to fulfil them.
- They expect maximum attention during your working hours but they also expect you to leave work on time so that you can have a life – unlike many employers today for whom unpaid overtime is normal.
- They treat staff with respect and expect the same in return.
- They pay for exam study and also fund books and exam entries.
- They provide death-in-service benefits, income protection insurance and a pension plan.
- They have a great reputation as a firm of excellence, built up over 80 years; this is an opportunity to work with a technically excellent, ethical and successful practice in the financial planning sector.
- They offer Life Planning to their clients being only one of a handful of financial planning firms in the whole of the UK to do this work.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with relevant experience and job titles of; Paraplanner, Financial Planner, Para-planner, Financial Advisor, Finance Planner, Financial Adviser, Experienced Paraplanner, Cashflow Planner may also be considered for this role.