Sorry, this job has expired!
PR and Press Officer / Marketing and Communications Officer
Job Title: PR and Press Officer
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Salary: Subject to qualifications and previous relevant experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Friday 26th October 2018
Do you have a passion for all things PR? Are you skilled at communicating ideas, building relationships and want to help a leading charity grow the reach of their brand?
If you’re a creative communicator with a good, basic understanding of public relations and are keen to develop your skills in this exciting field, this is the right opportunity for you.
Purpose of the Role:
To help promote the Foundation, its objectives and activities to the public, dental profession and other key stakeholders. Primarily being a part of the creation and development of health campaigns, press and media work, corporate relationship management and digital projects.
- Grow the Foundation’s image and reputation as a charity improving oral health
- Publicise and promote the charity’s activities and events
- Position the Foundation as a leader in oral health education and campaigner for mouth cancer action
- Increase awareness of the charity’s Dental Helpline and charitable output
- Assist in the creation of new and innovative campaigns to promote better oral health
- Help in the production and creation of campaign collateral and materials
- Engage the general public, health professionals and the media in all Foundation’s campaigns and initiatives
- Increase participation and involvement in all the Foundation’s campaigns including events, fundraising, donating and activities
- Producing regular content including press releases, features, statements and comments
- Responding to media enquiries by providing relevant information and setting up interviews
- Develop meaningful relationships with journalists and others members of the press and media
- Assisting with the creation and development of all other press and broadcast content
- Increase participation Foundation’s campaigns amongst dental, health and pharmaceutical organisations
- Inform external health related organisations about the existence of the Dental Helpline, Foundation’s campaigns and other charity services and activities
- Identify and develop opportunities for partnerships with corporate organisations
- Increase the number of schools and workplaces aware of the Foundation and it’s work while creating more opportunities for them to support the charity
- Assist in any appropriate and agreed activity concerning campaigns, mailings, parliamentary or lobbying activity and any event to raise the profile of the Foundation
- Attend parliamentary group meetings and committees to push Foundation’s policy
- Take part in consultations to drive health policy and reform
- Develop closer political relationships
- Help develop and increase the Foundation’s online image and identity
- Create a range of online and digital content in multiple platforms
- Implement social media campaigns to promote the Foundation
- Build and distribute good quality e-communications
- Develop and maintain Foundation’s stakeholder databases
- Evaluate and record press cuttings/responses to monitor volume of media response
- Develop, update and analyse campaign databases
- Examine avenues to develop closer relationships with a variety of stakeholders in databases
- Planning, organisation and communication skills
- Proven accurate and timely content and copywriting skills
- Digital and design abilities
- Team working
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT and digital skills
- Takes initiative and creatively-minded
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Awareness of different media agendas
- Writing and producing presentations and press content
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations
- Providing clients with information about new opportunities and current PR campaign progress
- Analysing media coverage and report writing
- Commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
- Liaising with clients, managerial and journalistic staff about budgets, timescales and objectives
- Designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house’ journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos.
- Degree in a suitable subject as to meet role requirements, or equivalent experience.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Public Relations Specialist, PR Officer, Marketing Campaigns Coordinator, Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketer, Social Media Officer, PR Executive, Public Relations Coordinator, Public Relations Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications, Communications Officer, PR Consultant and may also be considered for this role.