Sorry, this job has expired!
Principal Process Safety Specialist
Job Title: Process Safety Specialist
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you ready for a change? Would you like to expand your considerable expertise and skills earned in an operational setting into a variety of industry sectors? If so, then Sigma-HSE would be interested in hearing from you. We require a senior/principal process safety consultant to join our team.
As a global and fast expanding business, our company is looking for an experienced process safety engineer or scientist to provide expert consultancy advice to blue chip clients on understanding, reducing and/or mitigating the risks of fires and explosions, and toxic releases in the process industry. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake consulting work world-wide, although primarily in the UK and Europe, and deliver practical and cost-effective solutions to technical safety challenges. The ideal candidate will grow the process safety management side of the business, so the desire to be involved in business development/account management would be particularly advantageous.
Experience in aspects of the process safety management frameworks concerning understanding hazards and risks (HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, QRA, DSEAR, etc) and managing risks (Procedures and policies, management of change, permit to work, asset integrity management, functional safety, auditing etc) is essential.
The successful candidate will proactively work with clients on the end-to-end process of identifying, scoping, reporting, follow-up and auditing of safety projects. Establishing and meeting critical client deadlines and be a capable, and effective communicator and advocate of process safety. With 7+ years’ experience of commercial process safety and relevant safety experience, the applicant should have a good understanding of regulatory and legislation compliance for safety in the process industries and be aware of changes and updates emanating from national government and the EU. They will be expected to become the primary process safety contact for their clients and partner with them to provide expert advice and guidance on process safety.
- Undertake Process Safety Consultancy and Training
- Support and Partner with key clients to develop safety projects
- Peer review of Consultancy Reports
- Technical scoping of projects
- Experienced process safety expert. Ideally a Graduate in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or Industrial Chemistry with Chartered status.
- Excellent communications skills – written, oral and listening
- Good IT proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Use to working to tight deadlines and delivering on time
- Candidates must be authorised to live and work in the EU
- Full clean UK driving license?
- Candidates must live or be prepared to relocate, at their own expense, to within commuting distance of Winchester, UK
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Process Safety Consultant, Safety, Safety Consultant, HAZOP, QRA, PHA, HAZID, COMAH, SAFETI, PHAST, Business Development, BDM, Engineering, Science Engineer, Chemical Engineer, LOPA, may also be considered for this role.