Sorry, this job has expired!
Procurement Officer – Council
£32029 - £34788 per annum
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Salary: £32,029 – £34,788 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 09th Sep 2020
The Council are seeking a candidate for the role of a Procurement Officer.
The successful applicant will join the Procurement Places team. Procurement Places sits within the wider the Commissioning, Procurement and Brokerage Team.
Procurement Teams are split into ‘Places’ and ‘People’. Places team manage procurement for Council wide projects. People team manage procurement to support the wellbeing of Vulnerable People. The Procurement Officer will deliver procurement projects for minor and major spend categories.
They scope, plan and deliver procurements through a variety of legally compliant routes. They work with colleagues across the Council, wider stakeholders and other public sector bodies to deliver robust contracts in and outside the Borough.
The team is key in providing specialist procurement advice, guidance and undertaking procurements to achieve services and solutions that focuses on best value outcomes for the residents of the Borough
Reporting to the Procurement Team Leader for Places, the post holder will manage end to end procurement process, contractual and grant funded agreements and provide legally compliant advice, guidance and processes.
The post holder will advise on and carry out procurement and contracting activities which include but not limited to pre-market engagement, scoping, efficient tendering, evaluations, contract drafting, contract negotiations, contract management and procurement best practice.
The post holder will update and develop new template procurement documentation for the stakeholder of the Council.
As an innovative, vibrant thinker, you will be able to creatively influence colleagues and negotiate with, and manage, providers to deliver best value for money services.
Your understanding of the Council’s cost reduction plans and savings to be made over the coming years will drive you to optimise current contractual agreements whilst procuring within the Public Procurement Regulations.
Focusing on continuous improvement methodologies you will work closely with project stakeholders to look for alternative effective solutions for value for money services and supplies going forward.
You will work closely with Council wide colleagues to promote sound constitutional governance and Public Contract Regulation compliance through day to day activity and through wider networks. You will need to be flexible to also work on behalf of other public sector authorities and on occasion work outside set office hours. You will have a sound understanding of the legislation relating to Places Procurement.
As a team player, your support and close working relationship with the wider Procurement and Brokerage Team will be invaluable to ensure the whole team is always able to respond and support their internal and external customers.
- CIPS qualitied
- Knowledge and experience of EU/ UK public procurement legislation and current procurement practices, contracts and contract management
- Knowledge and experience required to provide procurement advice in a local government context with regards ‘Places’ or ‘People’ contracts
- Knowledge and experience of drafting tenders and their evaluation, contracts, EU notices and specifications for a wide ranging values and categories
- Knowledge and experience of negotiating and managing contracts
- Knowledge of supplier and provider markets and supplier and provider positioning
- Experience of delivering end to end procurement and contracting services in the public sector
- Experience of effective project management
- Ability to apply creative solutions to situations when undertaking procurement projects
- Good interpersonal skills including all forms of communication, negotiating and project planning skills
- Ability to schedule and prioritise workloads routinely and for deadlines
- The ability to apply creative solutions to situations when undertaking his/ her professional work
- The ability to advise officers at all levels on operational procurement issues
- A competent user of the MS office suite and the ability to operate an e-tendering system
- Flexible working arrangements
- Council’s Pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice schemes (car and childcare)
- Purchase extra annual leave
- An opportunity to work alongside experienced developers and be engaged in exciting projects at the forefront of Digital Transformation in a Local Authority setting
- Town Centre location with easy access to transport and shopping
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Procurement Consultant, Assistant Procurement Officer, Supply Chain Graduate, Procurement Assistant may also be considered for this role