Sorry, this job has expired!
Procurement Support Officer / Purchasing Admin – Council
£19623 - £22883 per annum
Job Title: Procurement Support Officer (2 posts)
Salary: £19,623 – £22,883 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Wednesday 16th January 2019
The Council’s Procurement Service is at the heart of a progressive Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall. They are now seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated, committed, ambitious and experienced procurement professionals to fill a range of roles.
Their vacancies have arisen as a result of investment to expand the role of the procurement service to operate strategically, enabling the Council to put the right things in place to meet customer needs and outcomes, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and delivers value for money and savings across the Council.
Working as an integral part of a team of experienced procurement and contract management specialists you deploy and develop relevant knowledge, skills and experience to provide effective and efficient support to all activities within the Procurement Service and assist in the delivery of procurement and contract management functions.
- Experience of working in a procurement/contract management role in a large complex organisation, and providing variable complex support services across a range of functions with a range of different people
- Experience of developing, implementing and maintaining business management systems and processes
- Experience of successfully supporting the delivery of procurement and contract management best practice, working with a range stakeholders, in the interest of securing best value, reducing waste, improving effectiveness and generating efficiency
- Able to produce accessible, accurate and reliable information, in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to think laterally and effectively support the planning, organisation and delivery of procurement and contract management activities
- A Level standard qualification or a business related qualification – NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 25 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all their employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for their staff and customers – they aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Procurement Support Adviser, Procurement Support Advisor, Procurement Administrator, Assistant Procurement Officer, Business Support Administrator, Procurement Officer Assistant Buyer, Buying Assistant, Junior Buyer, Purchasing and Stock Coordinator, Stock Controller, Stock Coordinator, Administrative Support, Stock Purchaser, Quality Assurance, Commercial Buyer, Commercial Purchaser, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Agent, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Assistant, Procurement Operations, Buyer and Assistant Procurement may also be considered for this role.