Sorry, this job has expired!
Programme Manager / Policy Manager – Technology Strategy
£30000 - £38000 per annum
Job Title: Policy/Programme Manager – Technology and Innovation Strategy
Salary: £30,000 – £38,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This non-profit Technology Organisation represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. Around 850 companies are members of the Organisation. Collectively they employ approximately 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of the members are small and medium-sized businesses.
This role will support the Associate Director of Technology and Innovation Strategy to develop and run the technology and innovation strategy programme. In particular the planning, organisation and delivery of the Organisation’s emerging and transformative technology campaigns.
This role will also develop the Organisation’s expertise, insight and foresight on cutting edge technologies, identify opportunities that come from the convergence of technologies as well as develop and deliver thought leadership that that champions emerging new tech that could add value to UK in the long term. The role will also focus on identify upcoming future technology trends that are relevant to members and support the development of coherent and relevant policy recommendations for our members.
- Support the development, implementation and communication of the Technology and Innovation Strategy to meet the needs of existing and potential members
- Support the inception, set-up and execution of programme events and meetings
- Identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities with other programmes within the Organisation
- Create content in the form of blogs, reports, visual content or collateral that adds value to members and the sector
- Promote programme content through insights, opinions, social media and PR activities
- Organise and run programme, stakeholder and member meetings and support working groups
- Liaise and work with other teams to assist in a successful programme of press coverage, events, internal and external marketing and ensure they are kept fully informed of major policy initiatives
- Draft reports, papers, articles and meeting notes as requested.
- Manage the maintenance of all relevant parts of the website and relevant CRM systems
- Become a trusted point of contact for members, internal colleagues and external stakeholders
- Engage with and support the Organisation’s policy, public affairs and press activities relating to emerging and transformative technologies and innovation policy
- Undertake designated account management responsibilities as requested and assist member recruitment activities
- Any other duties that may be required to support the programmes team
- Excellent communications and presentation skills including clear and concise oral and written communications
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and demonstrate efficient time management skills when completing multiple tasks within tight timescales
- Highly motivated, organised and hard working with an eagerness to bring innovative and creative ideas to the programme
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues internally and externally
- Ability to take on responsibility for key activities of the programme and be held accountable for actions and outcomes
- Strong personal and professional integrity required to develop and maintain trusted relationships and ability to become a point of contact across the organisation
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of taking a leadership role in event organisation
- Experience of work in a public affair, policy driven environment
- Engagement with senior business leaders at board and CEO level
- Interest in current issues and trends in transformative and emerging technologies
- Highly competent with Microsoft and MS Office Suite and able to use social media tools
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of UK technology sector and UK Government
- Media and press experience
- Experience of trade association procedures and activities
- Experience of staff management including interns
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Cover letters must be kept to a max. of 500 words.
Candidates with experience of; Public Affairs, Policy Manager, Innovation Manager, Digital Policy Manager, Senior Policy Manager, Policy Adviser, Strategy Manager, Senior Policy Adviser, Local Council Policy Manager, Innovation Policy Manager, Justice Policy Manager, Non-Profit Programme Manager, Public Sector Programme Management, ICT Programme Manager, Technology Programme Manager, Technical Programme Manager, Technology Implementation Manager, ICT Business Programme Manager, may also be considered for this role.