Sorry, this job has expired!
Purchasing Assistant / Procurement Admin /Logistics Coordinator
£15000 - £18000 per annum
Job Title: Trainee Purchasing & Logistics Coordinator
Location: West Malling, Kent
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000, depending on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of integrated, future-proofed mezzanine flooring solutions for major logistics and manufacturing centres in the UK and across Europe. Their services maximise space and help optimise storage, warehousing & distribution and production processes for today’s evolving businesses.
They have an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong administration background who is interested in pursuing a career within purchasing and logistics. You will be working within a small team of Production Controllers, reporting to the Group Procurement Manager who will provide on-the-job training and mentoring to progress into a more senior role.
- To provide administration support to the team of Production Controllers
- To learn how to make purchasing decisions that are cost effective and within budget
- To assist the Production Controller in advising the Contracts Department on project start dates and material delivery dates
- To check next day deliveries and collections to identify delays
- To learn how to assist with accurate quotation of projects to support the business needs
- GCSE’s with at least a C grade in English and Maths or equivalent
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- An excellent administrator who is quick to learn Ideally some project management skills, particularly planning, scheduling and controlling
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent IT skills especially in Outlook and MS Office Excellent numeracy skills
They are looking for someone who has a positive, can-do attitude with a proactive approach.
In return you will be a part of a global enterprise who pride themselves on prioritising the development and advancement of their employees. Along with a competitive salary, you can expect a generous bonus scheme, company contributory pension scheme, paid holiday allowance including additional holiday for Christmas, a substantial reward and recognition scheme and the opportunity to be exposed to working within a global work environment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, Assistant Procurement Executive, Procurement Admin, Purchasing Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Senior Administrator, Transport Planner, Logistics Coordinator, Transport Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, Customer Support, Support Administrator, Support Staff, Business Administrator, Customer Support Advisor, Customer Services Officer, Admin Support, Logistics Analyst will be considered for this role.