Sorry, this job has expired!
Purchasing Assistant / Procurement Administrator / Junior Buyer
Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Location: Huntingdon, PE29 6WR
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
They’re a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
Due to a reorganisation of the Group’s purchasing functions, the Company is seeking a new Purchasing Assistant to join the team based in their head office in Huntingdon.
Expediting Progress of Open Purchase Orders
- Produce a daily report on status of arrears. Develop the report to generate vendor schedules and ensure these are communicated.
- Follow up by email / telephone to establish delivery dates to the Company.
- Ensure the system and order is updated. Challenge late deliveries and if necessary, refer problematic vendors to Buyer / Purchasing Manager.
- Daily check of outstanding work. Follow up with team members to provide assistance and timely closure.
- Cost Analysis / Benchmarking as directed by Purchasing Manager
- Assist Buyers with day to day workload.
Scanning of Records
- Assist with the administration and scanning of Drawings, Acknowledgements, Material Certs and any other relevant documents relating to the contract.
Booking In and Process receipts
- Process booking in paperwork. Ensure the system is properly maintained with correct Part, Quantity, Form, Size, Unit of Measure and where necessary enter material analysis.
Order Placement and Processing of Purchase Orders
- Assist Buyers in generation of purchase orders.
- Ensure the purchase order has been received by vendor, follow up by email, telephone etc. and check the order against Acknowledgement. Maintain system records.
- Must be computer literate. Accurate and methodical.
- Excellent organising, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Previous experience working in a dynamic Purchasing Team.
- A technical knowledge gained from a similar engineering / material supply business.
- Educated to A level standard.
- Excellent numerical, reporting and reasoning skills.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Purchasing, Procurement Assistant, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, Assistant Procurement Executive, Procurement Admin, Purchasing Administrator, Assistant Buyer, Office Assistant, Office Admin, Senior Administrator, Office Administrator may also be considered for this role.