Sorry, this job has expired!
Quality Engineer / Quality Inspector / Quality Assistant
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
This position requires the applicant to support The Company’s positive approach to managing and enhancing their products, processes & supplier manufacturing quality.
The position holder will be involved in activities to improve the company’s Management System and lead the implementation of product changes and quality issue resolution.
Apply automotive quality tools, processes and working practices to ensure the company and their diverse customers’ product quality expectations are met and continually improved.
This role will require a candidate with a proactive approach to support their business ideals and customer relations while enhancing the Engineering teams and the company efficiency.
The base for this position will be at the HQ and may require occasional travel to support local manufacturing partners.
- Identify & implement the resolution of quality issues (product & service related)
- Responsible for drawing updates (to aid prompt QI resolution)
- Responsible for management & implementation of product upgrades and changes (ECR/ECN) as needed
- Responsible for managing quality metric statistics to ensure supplier quality performances are in line with their standards, as well as ensure their quality processes are efficient
- Monitoring product compliance to declared standards & directives and outlook of future relevant standards and legislation
- Support PD team in the Development and execution of DVP&R in line with applicable standards, directives & legislation
- Inspection liaison & management at suppliers and goods in
- Conduct internal audits
- Implementation of corrective & preventive actions to maintain and improve company’s Management System
- Technical goods inbound inspection (at peak times, holiday/absence cover)
- Warranty and returns management (at peak times, holiday/absence cover)
- Technical support & technical helpline support
- Reduction of Quality Issues and prompt resolution
- Reduction of customer returned products and customer complaints
- Efficient implementation of product changes/improvements through their ECR/ECN process
- Timely completion of internal audits, management, follow up of findings and support QM in the implementation of robust corrective and preventive actions
Education, Experience and Skills:
- HNC/HND in Engineering discipline or similar
- Qualified internal auditor
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Above average computer literacy
- Minimum 3 years practical experience within a Quality Engineering and or Manufacturing position
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and/or IATF 16949
- Experience of automotive design and manufacturing quality standard and working practices
- Genuine interest in quality and process improvement
- Attention to detail is critical
- Able to demonstrate strong co-ordination skills
- Computer application skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and takes full responsibility for the quality of own work
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Resourceful and able to provide technical support
- Practical aptitude with methodical approach to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Eager to learn and develop with the company
- Natural respect for company and colleagues
- High level of communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with their Global supplier base, customers, management and colleagues alike
- Helpful and approachable
- Strong focus on delivering excellent customer service
- Active participation in team meetings, training courses and workshops as required
- Close links with staff will need to be developed and maintained in order that corporate objectives are met
- Ensure that an excellent customer & supplier relationship are established and maintained with all clients
- Team working, co-ordination and co-operation with all colleagues
- Direct communication with and support to customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Innate time management
- Flexibility to work beyond normal business hours when required
- Always required to present a positive and professional image
- BEng / BSc in an Engineering discipline
- Qualified lead internal auditor
- 2 years practical experience within an Automotive Tier 1 quality engineering position
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and/or ISO 27001
- 1 years or more internal audit experience
- Experience of working with electronics parts/components
- Worked with Far East Manufacturing Partners
- AutoCAD 2D drawing
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and Cover Letter with your salary expectation, location and notice period.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Quality Engineer, Quality Development Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Engineer, Quality Engineering, Automotive Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Assurance, Quality performance Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Tester, Quality Management System Auditor, QMS Auditor, ISO9001/ IATF16949 will be considered for this role.