Sorry, this job has expired!
Residential Support Worker / Residential Care Worker
£17112 - £24421 per annum + £40-£43 per sleep in allowance
Job Title: Residential Support Worker, Junior and Senior
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
Salary: £17,112 – £24,421 per annum plus £40-£43 per sleep in allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent working weekends and evenings in a shift pattern plus up to 2 sleep in’s per week
This care company is based in Northampton and have two (Ofsted registered) children’s homes offering an excellent therapeutic service for up to five children in each who are aged seven to eighteen, and a third home (CQC registered- rated Outstanding) that offers a service for up to four young people aged 16 plus with Mental Health needs and promotes independent living skills. This company always meets the needs of ‘looked after’ children and young people who may be experiencing a range of difficulties.
They currently have two roles available, a Junior and Senior support worker. Salary will be reflective of the role and will be confirmed during interviews.
- As a Residential Support Worker, you will be required to provide direct care and support to the children and young people living in the homes.
- You will promote and participate in activities encouraging choice and opportunity to the children and young people.
- The role will require you to actively participate in the running and management of the homes and communicating and liaising effectively with managers, other professionals, agencies and families.
- The role will also require you to carry out general administration duties to assist with the running of the homes.
- Although you will be centrally based at one location the role may require you to work at the other two local sites to provide support when required
- The senior role will be required to provide appropriate guidance and support to staff and young people. You will be responsible for leading shifts, being on call and supporting the manager. You will also be responsible for providing direct care and support to the children and young people living in the homes using therapeutic principles.
- Providing direct care and support of children and young people using therapeutic principles and attachment aware practice
- Promoting and participating in activities for all children and young people
- Participate in the running and management of the homes
- Key working offering advice, direct work and mentoring of individual children and young people
- Assisting with general administration duties
- Providing support across all sites when required
- The Senior Keyworker role will be required to complete various Administrative tasks
- Professional experience working with children or qualifications in appropriate disciplines is essential
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children and young people
- Experience and/or desire to work using attachment aware and therapeutic approaches to understanding and meeting ‘looked after’ children and young people’s needs
- Excellent communication, leadership and administrative skills
- Full UK driving licence is highly desirable
- Ability to work shifts and up to 2 sleep in’s per week is essential
It is essential that all applicants undergo an enhanced DBS clearance check if successful
Applicants will be required to work evenings and weekends on a rota, undertake on-call and sleep-in duties and will be required to go on holiday with the children and young people.
Candidates with experience of; Care Support, Social Worker, Enabler, Care Helper, Care Management, Care Assist, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Autism Support, Care Assistant, Care Worker, Support Coordinator, Care Coordinator, Private Care Assistant, Private Care, Care Home Assistant, Care Home Worker, Support Care Worker, NVQ 2, Health & Social Care, CCA may also be considered for this role.