Sorry, this job has expired!
Job Title: Solution Architect
Location: Knowsley, Merseyside
Job Type: Full time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday, 1st March 2019
Founded in the early 1980s, The Company is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of their exciting vision – to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join their IT team as they are looking to recruit a Solutions Architect. As a Solution Architect you will manage and coordinate the development and delivery of technical solutions, applications or services across Application Development using agreed standards and methodologies.
- Support the BA in understanding current processes and solutions to allow them to effectively Liaise with the business to create a Project Brief
- Provides estimates as input into the Single Page Summary to support financial review
- Liaise with the Business Analyst to understand business requirements in order to document the functional spec. Conduct a gap analysis with the BA to identify those requirements that cannot be met
- Facilitate and or attend design workshops with technical design teams and SMEs were required to support the creation of a technical specification
- Responsible for reviewing the Technical specification and ensuring that there is clear traceability across requirements and raising and resolving any gaps before progressing to build
- Provide Ongoing Project Support – Acts as a key contact and provides ongoing support where required through the development phase and the complete lifecycle of the project and providing complete impact assessments for raised changes.
- Provide consultative support across the complete project portfolio
- Appreciation of Business objectives and Strategy
- Keep up-to-date of the market place, process & technology offerings in line with the associated business area and supporting solutions
- Research and utilise existing contacts and continue to grow network to support innovation and best practice
- Investigate capability of existing solutions and their technology roadmap
- Strong appreciation of SDLC and existing and emerging project methodologies and approaches, waterfall and Agile
- Liaise within the team to identify and manage Cross functional dependencies/impacts
- Support project delivery to provide option and estimates to meet the business requirements
- Strong relationship with Business Analyst and Technical Architect to ensure solution is fit for purposed and meets architectural compliance
- Liaise with Business Analyst and the Technical Architect to ensure an effective handover of the Business Requirements and functional specification for estimation and delivery
- Support BA by attending requirements workshops as and when required
- Strong understanding of the retail environment and industry trends
- Experience of effectively managing change in a fast moving environment
- Broad experience in IT preferably within the retail industry
- Good understanding of the full lifecycle of retail industry delivery projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced in architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF, & POET
- Has appropriate level of knowledge of people management and leadership skills.
- Collaborative; ability to develop strong relationships within company departments to show great teamwork
- Confident, sociable and able to interact directly and autonomously with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Personal Effectiveness and strives to develop self
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client’s careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Technical Solutions Architect, IT Solutions Technical Architect, Software Technical Architect, Technical Architect, IT Solutions Architect, Linux Systems, HTML/HTML5, Oracle, Senior IT Architect, Software Engineer, Solutions Architect, Microsoft Engineer, Windows Engineer, Technical Engineer, Systems Architect, Lead Solutions Architect, Systems Developer, Software Architect, Solutions Engineer, Software Developer, Solutions Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical Systems Engineer will also be considered for this role.