Sorry, this job has expired!
Strategic Transport Planner / Transport Planning Operations
£39880 - £41881 per annum
Job Title: Strategic Transport Planner
Salary: £39,880 – £41,881 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 3rd January 2021 11:59pm
The Council is looking for a driven and ambitious Strategic Transport Planner to advance and implement the delivery of their Economic Growth Strategy, Local Plan and Ultra-Low Electric Vehicle Strategy.
Their focus on the economic wellbeing of the Borough has never been more significant and they need you to support the progress of transport, regeneration and economic growth initiatives to help them succeed.
Provide high level policy advice and evidence-based professional input to the Council on strategic and sustainable transport matters.
Develop and influence relevant strategies, policies and business cases to secure improvement and investment in the district’s transport network.
Shape, drive and co-ordinate the development and delivery of strategic and sustainable transport projects to support Council priorities. Manage and supervise professional staff.
- Development and delivery of successful business cases to secure external funding/investment and support local economic growth
- Working across organisational boundaries in partnership in order to deliver corporate projects and objectives
- Successful track record of achievement in developing corporate strategies/policies and delivering an efficient and effective, transport or related service
- Previous experience in a transport policy/planning/engineering role
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject/field
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal development
- Good knowledge and practical understanding of funding mechanisms and support networks that relate to transport and economic development
- Understanding of the social, political and economic environment and their impact on the issues, implications and challenges facing local government, businesses and transport providers
- Good knowledge of all policy areas of transport; active travel, highways, air, rail, etc.
- A transport planner with extensive experience in areas such as transport assessment
You will be based in the new Harrogate Civic Centre / at home (depending on CV19 regulations). Benefits include flexible and agile working, very generous annual leave allowance (26 days pa, rising to 29 days pa after 5 years, plus 8 Bank Holidays), staff discounts including leisure facilities discount and the option to join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For Full Details on the role, please see the Person Specification and Job Description via the Council Website.
Please click the APPLY button go through the Council Website and fill in the application form for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Logistics Executive, Distribution Controller, Fleet Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Supervisor, Transport Supervisor, Logistics Coordinator, Transportation Manager, Freight Manager, Transport Planner, Supply Chain Controller, Cargo Manager, Transport Coordinator, Shipment and Logistics Manager, Distribution Coordinator, Transport Operations Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator may also be considered for this role.