Student Supervision Assistant / Student Services Officer
South East London
Up to £8179 per annum
Job Title: Student Supervision Assistant
Location: Plumstead, South East London
Salary: £8,179 per annum (Actual gross salary)
Job Type: Part Time, Term time only (16.25 hours per week, 38 weeks)
Working Hours: 10.45am to 2pm or 12.45pm to 4pm
Closing date: Noon, Tuesday 3rd March 2020
The School is a thriving secondary school, rated Good by Ofsted in May 2018, dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich.
They are looking for Student Supervision Assistants to supervise students around the school site, either during and between break and lunchtime or during and between lunch time and after school.
- Promote positive behaviour for learning, ensuring school expectations and behaviour codes are met, calling for senior staff where necessary
- Support student prefects and ambassadors in carrying out their role
- Being prepared to undertake First Aid Training and to carry out First Aid duties
- Deal with lost property
- Maths and English qualifications to Level 2 (GCSE Grade C or above)
- Experience of working with children/young people in a Pastoral role (ideally)
What they offer in return:
- The opportunity to work alongside colleagues dedicated to achieving the best for every young person
- The opportunity to benefit from professional development within their school, and across a network of local schools
- Good professional development
- Friendly team
- Use of an onsite fitness gym
To apply for this role please click APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with previous job titles and experience of; Student Support Coordinator, Learning Support, Support Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, Learning Guidance Advisor, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Student Support, Learning Advisor, Learner Support, Guidance Advisor, Support Worker, Learning Assistant may also be considered for this role.