Territory / Area Sales Manager / Business Development Manager
commission and car
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Location: Leeds / Manchester / M62 Corridor
Salary: Competitive plus commission and car, Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Founded in London in 1922 the company is a market leader in the supply and installation of vehicle workshop equipment.
They employ great people. People who share a passion for what they do, for what they are, and for what they can become.
They are looking for a new team member. They want someone who is passionate about their job, their colleagues and their customers. Willing to go the extra mile in providing the best service they can provide.
So, if you know your stuff about capital equipment sales (not necessarily workshop equipment), have a great technical skill-set; if you work smart, are flexible, have a can-do attitude and are looking for your next challenge then maybe this is the place for you.
You will be the face of the company in your designated territory, required to develop and maintain strong commercial relationships with distributors, customers and other relevant parties, to achieve company sales objectives and seek opportunities to increase market share.
You will promote and sell the company’s products in a professional manner, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied on schedule and to specification. All of which will be supported by the resources available at their head office, and the experienced team in the field.
You will liaise with distributors and customers alike to maximise opportunities, prepare projects small and medium, ensuring expectations and specification are met. Manage your sales from conception to completion ensuring sites are prepared and ready to accept equipment delivery & installation on time, and work constructively with your colleagues to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
This is a great opportunity to join a trusted and well-known company which has a century of success within the industry. This position is varied, rewarding and sometimes challenging. If you are up for a challenge then they would like to hear from you.
- Develop and maintain strong commercial relationships with distributors, customers and other relevant parties
- Achieve the company’s commercial objectives within the designated territory
- Promote the company’s products through in-depth knowledge of features/benefits for which product training and technical guidance will be provided
- Maintain the company’s professional image to customers – e.g. keeping promises, delivering on-time, communicating accurately, and having a smart appearance
- Operate in a professional manner – demonstrating market awareness and compliance for health and safety, industry regulations and other relevant factors
- Work constructively with colleagues to achieve 100% customer satisfaction
- Forecast orders and sales accurately on a monthly basis
- Comply with operating procedure requirements, e.g. site visit reports, layout drawings, specifications, quotations
- Proven sales performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Assertive and friendly manner
- Energetic, tenacious, persuasive
- Passion for professional excellence
- Hungry for knowledge; actively listens
- Commitment to team working
- Computer literacy
- CAD drawing skills (desired but not essential)
- Basic understanding of electrical supplies, building works would be an advantage.
- Valid driving licence
The Directors of The Company recognise their duty to actively promote Equal opportunities for all employees and to eliminate discrimination (whether direct or indirect or perceived) in its various forms.
It is their intention to do what is reasonably practicable to ensure the company’s employment methods and procedures achieve this.
The main areas for recognised discrimination are: Age, Disability, Gender Re-assignment, Marriage & Civil Partnership, Pregnancy & Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Coordinator, Field Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Nationwide Sales, Senior Sales Executive, Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Senior Sales, Business Developer, Senior Business Development Manager, Business Plan, Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Sales Development and New Business Sales will also be considered for this role.