Sorry, this job has expired!
Trainee Accountant / Junior Accountant / Accountant
Up to £18000 per annum
Job Title: Trainee Accountant (Graduate)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Starting Date: Summer 2019
The Company is a 5-partner accountancy practice based in Royston. They work together as a team to provide individually tailored services for individuals and businesses.
This role is designed to enable you to work as an integral part of a well-established team gaining the knowledge and understanding of an accountancy practice while studying for your accountancy qualifications. They take pride in supporting trainees through their accountancy journey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of business accounts from client’s information
- Preparing journal entries and completing general ledger operations
- Preparing business tax computations
- Reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts
- Assisting with personal tax returns, running year end closings
- Maintaining in house control procedures
- Assisting senior accountants in the preparation of financial and management accounts
- Preparing VAT returns
- Liaising with clients as required
- Administrative duties as required
Education and Work Experience
- GCSE English and Maths and A levels
- Degree level qualification
- Work Experience or employment experience
- Intermediate Excel/Word/Outlook capability
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Attention to detail
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Hands on approach
- Willingness to assist other areas of the business
- Good communication skills
- Training agreements include day release at college, all fees paid including exams and subscriptions
- 22 days Holiday (plus on extra day over Christmas break)
- ½ day Friday every other week, finish at 13:00
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Graduate, Finance Graduate, Accounts Graduate, Trainee Accountant, Junior Bookkeeper, Accountancy Trainee, Junior Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Junior, Finance Admin, Payroll Administrator, Assistant Accountant will also be considered for this role.